We asked real estate agents and brokers who consider themselves digital marketing experts to share their top tips for agents just getting off the ground with digital marketing; here’s what they had to say.
- Be yourself. People can sense a phony from a mile away. Your online profile is the first thing most potential clients will see, so make sure it is exclusively you.
- Hire out when needed. You have a lot on your plate. Don’t be afraid to hire out work that you don’t have time to dedicate to, or that you simply aren’t stellar at — it’s OK.
- Find a niche. “Specialize: find what works best for you and become an expert at it,” one respondent suggested.
- Start small and add on later. Take baby steps and start with one tactic. Maybe that’s building out your Facebook or Instagram account. Once you’ve mastered one tactic, build on with another.
- Be consistent. Your virtual brand, your social media publishing and your blogging should all be consistent so clients can find you and feel as if they know you.
- Get to studying. “Study leaders who have done it before you and piggyback off of their suggestions and style.”
- Be patient. Marketing, especially organic tactics, don’t make an impact overnight. Keep at it.
- Use technology in your favor. Whether it’s a virtual social calendar or email marketing platform, utilize it to its highest capabilities for the biggest return.